Monday, May 30, 2011

Orientation of Sorts

I was ill prepared for the "orientation" segment of my nursing journey. Since I was an alternate, I had missed the first round of orientation. There were only 4 of us at this meeting. The administrator passed out the material, and we began to go over over everything. 
  I knew the shot record requirement was going to be a problem. In Florida, there is no centralized office of immunizations, and mine were done in the docs office over 40 years ago. It doesn't help the the doctor is dead as well.  So, I went to the health clinic and had them draw MMR titers. Also got the Hep B that was recommended. My arm had a huge knot from that shot.  Cool. Got that done.
Getting there early afforded me the "privilege" of going first to get my classes. I will be in class on Mondays from 8:00-4:30PM, with  the "How to be a nurse", essentially. (Lecture and lab are back to back). Tuesday is a clinical day which starts at 1:30 through 7:30. (Hey, I was an alternate: beggars can't be choosers.)  Wednesday is Pharmacy I , and the second lecture for the "How to be a nurse". Thursday is the Pharm lab. And Fridays...I collapse;)  Not really, but initially, I probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment